Accessible technology at work, 24 July
In this webinar our expert panel of blind and partially sighted professionals discussed accessible technology solutions they are using to be productive while working from anywhere. If you’d like to catch this again or missed it, the recording is here along with slides.
We have also put together a list of links for more information on the topics discussed. This covers equipment including screen readers, magnifiers, Braille displays, keyboards, headsets, electronic video magnifiers and accessible notetaking. It also has links to help with remote working such as Microsoft 365, G Suite (including Google Docs and Google Forms), Microsoft Teams and Zoom Cloud meetings.
The webinar covered:
- Screen readers, Braille displays and peripherals
- Solutions and strategies for note taking
- Office productivity software (Microsoft 365 and G Suite)
There were also live demonstrations which featured:
- Real-time collaboration using a screen reader with Google Docs
- Using a screen reader to participate in online meetings